Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Seasonal Blogger

I've always loved to write, and to think, and for some serious subjects the two seem to be connected in my brain. Lately, I've realized I am a seasonal writer - and, perhaps then, a seasonal thinker - or at least pertaining to certain subjects or types of thinking. As anyone can see, my posts have dwindled greatly over the past few months. At first it may appear that this is due to a new baby. However, today as I watered trees and meandered through the yard, all I could think about was getting back outside after the kids fall asleep. These thoughts eventually led to the realization that when it's cold outside my post-kid-bedtime relaxation comes in the form of reading or writing. When spring and summer approach the warmth beckons me to the outdoors. All I want to do is stroll or sit with a drink under the bright summer night sky.

All three kids, baby included, sleep and go to bed fairly early. The addition of the third has not put an end to my evenings as cherished alone or couple or friend time (for the most part).

I have this new found love-hate feeling towards summer. It has always been my favorite; probably due mostly to my 26 years on a traditional school calendar. I love the sun, the heat, the water; those coupled with the only time off for the year . . . . . hmmm, time off thinking - at least in the traditional, hoop-jumping style I'd been accustomed to . . . . account for it being my favorite season. This year, perhaps some of the positive time off association is starting to wane AND I've realized that summer means weeds as well as foxtails in sheets, every piece of laundry, and in the dogs which includes the constant threat of a big vet bill AND summer means lots of time watering AND rattlesnakes which means kids in boots and not as much just go play with no worries. BUT in the warm evening air with sounds of crickets and frogs and lighter darkness, there is love. The thinking is different. The relaxing is different. The blog crosses my mind but can't compete. Perhaps I will be a seasonal blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment